Fire Station #4
Built in 1939, the original Pueblo Fire Station #4 was the oldest operating station in the city and in desperate need of upgrades and additional space. The Pueblo Fire Department received a FEMA stimulus grant for construction of a replacement station, so the new station was designed to meet ARRA “Buy American” requirements, to use renewable energy, and to be LEED certified. Station #4 is the first major project in the Lake Avenue improvement district on the south side of Pueblo.
Designed in the Spanish Mission style as a nod to the cultural and historic heritage of the area, the station has three apparatus bays, a large training/community room, eight individual bunk rooms, and various living and mission support spaces. The building’s HVAC system utilizes ground source heating technology and is equipped with photovoltaic panels on the south-facing roof surface to decrease its long-term energy usage. Most of the lot is covered in native grasses and low-water plantings. The new Station will substantially aid the city’s ability to provide for the safety of south side residents for years to come.
FIRE STATION No. 15